Looking for an easy to prepare comfort food recipe for this winter season?
The Pudding Lady has the answer with her Warm Pasta Salad with Balsamic Dressing.
• 250 gram spiral pasta
• ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
• ½ cup chopped pitted black olives
• ½ cup chopped oven roasted capsicum
• ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts
• Handful of coarsely chopped fresh basil
• ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
• Handful toasted pine nuts
• 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
• Your favourite Simply Stirred Caramelised Balsamic Dressing
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, with a splash of olive oil.
- I use store brought sun-dried tomatoes, roasted capsicum, pitted olives and artichoke hearts. Drain, chop and put aside.
- Chop fresh Basil
- In a small saucepan heat on low, add the pine nuts stirring constantly as they burn very easily
- When the pasta is just tender; drain, rinse under cold water and leave to drain. Once drained, place in a large bowl and while the pasta is still warm, mix through the sun-dried vegetables, olives and basil.
- Top with Parmesan and pine nuts. Finally, drizzle the olive oil and Simply Stirred Caramelised Balsamic Dressing liberally over the top. Garnish with a few fresh basil leaves.
- Serve warm or cold and it’s also delicious the next day!
*my personal favourite Balsamic with this salad is the Simply Stirred Caramelised Balsamic with Pepper, however any of our beautiful balsamics are a great addition to this salad.